With the Olympics and the Paralympics fast approaching, London prepares for the biggest sporting event in the city’s long history. An anticipated 11 million people are expected to visit the city, putting enormous pressure on the capital’s transport and communications infrastructure. What has Claranet done to ensure business continuity of operations and services?
Claranet’s preparations for the Games
In preparation for London 2012, late last year Claranet set up its Olympics 2012 Project Team. Working with parties such as Transport for London (TFL) and the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA), they reviewed the issues likely to affect business continuity for both Claranet and its customers. Amongst key issues identified were the impact of congestion on staff travelling times; the effect of extra traffic around Claranet’s central London office and data centre facilities; and delays in a Claranet supplier’s ability to attend premises to address faults.
Initiatives implemented for business continuity
Claranet has undertaken a number of key initiatives to maintain business continuity and to minimise the impact of for customers.
- To ensure the reliable delivery of equipment and services, Claranet is working closely with its suppliers to plan projects around the current embargo (1st March – 30th September 2012) on street works in London.
- To minimise the risk of disruption and to free up resources for any incidents or emergencies, we are implementing a ‘change freeze’ during this period for all (except the most urgent) maintenance projects.
- To maintain business continuity under these conditions, we have ensured that Claranet employees have the tools they need to work from home, enabled flexible working, and undertaken a comprehensive review of our networks to ensure they can cope with the extra ‘homeworking’ traffic.
For more information
- For a comprehensive outline of Claranet’s preparations, see Claranet’s Olympic Plan.
- For Claranet’s recommendations to customers over this period, see Claranet’s Olympic Plan.
- For enquiries specific to your Claranet service, please contact your Account Manager.
Powered by WPeMatico